Last week, I posted the December must-haves list. This blog focuses mainly on women’s preppy style, but there have been some guys asking for their own list too. So, I created a list of some of the things every preppy guy should have in their closet this winter. (And, if you still need to do some last-minute shopping for your guy, here are some ideas!)
1. Italian Wool Plaid Scarf from Rugby. I love that the colors in this plaid are dark and rugged. I personally love scarves on men, but I don’t think they wear them enough. Guys, what’s with that?
2. Men’s Winter Authentic Original Boat Shoe from Sperry. I know that there are a lot of guys out there who hate having to retire their boat shoes come wintertime. After all, there’s nothing fun about frozen toes. But now, you can wear your Sperry’s year-round! These ones are lined with shearling, so you’ll be super-warm!
3. Soft-Wash slim fit gingham shirt from Banana Republic. Last week, a commenter asked me what one item was the guy equivalent of pearls…what would make him look more put-together and classic? My answer: the collared shirt. Casual, dressy, I swoon when I see boys in button-downs. Stick with solids and classic ginghams and plaids and you’re set!
4. Soft-Wash slim fit chest-pocket shirt from Banana Republic. I don’t know much about men’s shirts, but I do know that my dad swears by the ones at BR. They’re a classic fit and they last a fairly long time.
5. AE Plaid Workwear Flannel from American Eagle. Warm, stylish, colorful….there’s basically nothing wrong with flannel shirts. I suggest stocking up in several colors.
6. Vintage cord in relaxed fit from J.Crew. I’ve already professed my love for J.Crew cords several times on this site, and I’m going to keep doing it till I’ve clothed the world in corduroy. Seriously…don’t ask questions, just go get a pair of cords. You’ll thank me later.
7. Moose Brigade University Tie from Rugby. Every guy needs a tie. It’s just one of those things that you have to have in your closet at all times. I like this one because it’s got a classic repp stripe, but it also has a fun moose print!
8. Men’s Bean Boots from L.L. Bean. These boots also made an appearance on the women’s list. There’s a reason they’ve been around for over 100 years, they work. These are the best boots out there for wintery fowl weather. Also, they’re guaranteed for LIFE, so if anything ever happens to yours, Bean will replace them. That’s a pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
Hey guys, is there anything I’m forgetting on the list?