It’s a chilly, sort-of gloomy day here at the beach, so my sister and I have resorted to wearing long sleeves instead of bathing suits. It’s a tough compromise, but as my boyfriend wisely pointed out to me this morning, a day on vacation–even a yucky one–is better than a day at work. Amen to that!
What I’m wearing:
- Top: Old Navy. I fiiiinally got a chambray shirt after lusting after them for a year or two. Yeah, I’m late to the party, but I’m glad I finally got there!
- Shorts: Lands’ End Canvas. LOVE THESE! They’re always look brighter than I think they really are, but they definitely punch up an outfit!
- Accessories: green beaded necklace (I’ve had it since eighth grade!), Michael Kors watch, sailor’s rope bracelet from Kennebunkport, J.Crew madras headband, and tortoise shell sunglasses from Marshalls, signet and claddagh rings.
On my sister:
- Bicycle t-shirt: J.Crew
- Sweater: Lands’ End
- Jeans: Hollister
- Metallic boat shoes: Sperry Topsider
- Accessories: Ann Taylor belt, Swarovski ring, necklace from Copper Mt., Colorado.
I hope that the weather’s better wherever you are!
Posted by karolinez on June 27, 2012
I went shopping with my mom this past weekend–and let me tell you–there are so many cute tops out there right now! Mostly it’s just wishful thinking for me cause I haven’t really started my summer job yet, but all of these would look awesome in my wardrobe. I love all the bright colors and fun patterns I’m seeing out there this season. Also…all the stripes!
What are some of your must-have tops this season? Leave it in the comments!
Posted by karolinez on May 23, 2012
Not surprisingly, it ended up being a very preppy Easter at my house. We went to Sunday mass dressed to the nine’s in our Easter best. For today’s post, I thought it would be nice to feature my mom and brother’s outfits in a edition to my own! Clearly we all went for the same spring-y navy and kelly green color palette, and I love the pop of pink in Walter’s tie and my mom’s jewelry.
- Dress: Banana Republic
- Sweater: GAP
- Wicker basket: vintage Etienne Aigner
- Shoes: Ralph Lauren
- Misc.: signet ring, vintage earrings that were my grandmother’s, pearl necklace, tortoise shell headband from J.Crew
- Shirt: American Eagle Outfitters
- Kakis: American Eagle Outfitters
- Tie: my dad’s
- Shoes: Sperry
On my mom:
- Dress: Banana Republic
- Sweater: Ann Taylor
- Bag: Kate Spade
- Misc: Kate Spade earrings, Alex and Ani bracelet, Ann Taylor bracelet, vintage bracelet, vintage necklace.
What did you wear on Easter?
Posted by karolinez on April 11, 2012
Hey everyone! I just felt like sharing my outfit for the evening. I’ll be going out later with my friends, so I felt like getting all pretty
- What I’m wearing:
- Top: Ann Taylor Loft
- Sweater: Old Navy
- Jeggings: American Eagle Outfitters
- Accessories: watch, Michael Kors; glitter flats, Delia’s; pearl earrings; claddagh and signet rings.
Hope you all have wonderful weekends! I’m do excited because my mom and dad are visiting me at school tomorrow!
Posted by karolinez on March 29, 2012
If you’ve been paying attention to fashion in the last couple months, you know that one of the biggest trends out there is colorblocking. What I like best, though, is that it’s not one of those things that is strictly on-trend for this season and then will fade out. A lot of the pieces can be adapted into any preppy or classic wardrobe!
Here are some of my favorite color block pieces out there heading into this spring!
I was at Ann Taylor a couple weeks ago, and I fell in love with this top. It’s so flattering and all the different neutrals mixed with the bright tangerine tango are so much fun!
Also from Ann Taylor is this gorgeous scarf!
This cashmere sweater from J.Crew mixes cool blues and greens…perfect to welcome green spring leaves and blue skies!
Even Lilly Pulitzer is getting in on the colorblock trend!
What do you think of the colorblock trend?
Posted by karolinez on February 15, 2012
Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope that your holidays are filled with warmth, happiness, family, and good tidings!
I wanted to share my Christmas Eve outfit with all of you, so here it is!
And with my leopard coat!
1. Black dress: Ann Taylor. My mom has the dress in red, and I’ve got it in black. It’s a great sheath cut, and I love the cute three-quarter sleeves. There’s also a fun zipper detail at the wrists!
2. Leopard print coat: Forever 21. I got this on a whim yesterday. The coat isn’t something I’d normally wear, but I think it’s really fun and unexpected for dress-up situations (and I have LOTS of dress-up situations!).
3. Accessories: Earrings, Anthropologie. Watch: Michael Kors. Giraffe necklace and tortoiseshell headband: J.Crew. Shoes: M.P.S.
Once again, I hope you have happy holidays and the merriest of Christmases!
Posted by karolinez on December 24, 2011
Hey everyone! I really liked the outfit I picked today, so I thought I’d share!
PS. Thanksgiving break flew by, didn’t it?! I’m heading back to school today and I don’t want to go back!
"They call me melloooo yellowwww"
1. Cardigan: Ann Taylor. I got this cardigan this past weekend when I was working at AT for Black Friday. The color is a little lighter in person, it just looks this bright because of the flash on the camera. It’s a fun an unexpected color in the winter
2. Charcoal cords: J. Crew. I am obsessed with J. Crew’s matchstick corduroys. They are the perfect straight cut and they come in great colors year after year. I have these and an orange pair in this cut. Love, love, love!
3. Nude wedges: Jessica Simpson (via Marshalls). I was anti-wedge for the longest time. I hated the way they look. But then I found these. They match with literally everything and they are so beyond comfortable. I get compliments on them every time I wear them!
Misc: White tank top from Old Navy, giraffe necklace from J. Crew, Michael Kors watch, gold-toned studs from Brooks Brothers, and my Claddagh ring and pink plastic bow ring.
Posted by karolinez on November 27, 2011